Pure Land Retreat Center
Yuthok Ling, our Pure Land Retreat Center is located 20 minutes drive from the Paro International Airport, in a small village called Gang-Juk, Paro. It is surrounded by beautiful paddy fields against the backdrop of majestic Himalayan mountains with an amazing and mesmerizing view of the most sacred site of the Tiger’s Nest, Paro Taktshang.
Yuthok Ling Paro has the following five projects:
1. Yuthok Ling: multi-use Hall or temple for both spiritual (Yuthok Nyingthig) and health-related (Sowa Rigpa) education; aims to host conferences, meetings, teachings and transmissions; open roof section is for yoga and meditation practice; there will also be an additional space for the conducting of rituals to bless the medicines and pills in the Hall
2. Ten retreat cottages: dedicated to the Eight famous tertons and Two outstanding yoginis of Tibet and Bhutan; to be used for both group and personal retreats; the cottages are to be well designed with themes of isolation and natural tranquility, in order to promote ideal conditions for meditation and personal development; each room will have their own unique traditional altars, with the accompanying masters’ or terton’s images, and their short biographies and key teachings.
3. Sowa Rigpa Wellness: a space for Sorig doctors’ consultation rooms with local herbal medicines, Kunye massage, hot stone bath, and five nectar steam bath; ideal space for achieving both mental and physical balance and health.
4. Sorig Garden: as a country rated with having the top ten biodiversity in the world, Bhutan has more than 600 types of medicinal plants; we aim to cultivate many of them in our garden, creating a natural, energetically infused Himalayan botanical garden to be used for education and research; we aim to expand this project with additionally acquired land in Gelephu, where we will be able to cultivate plants normally found in subtropical areas; we aim to produce medicinal oils and pills for the benefit of the people at large.
5. Dakini House (Khandro Ling): specifically dedicated to women practitioners of Buddhism; many important historical women figures that contributed to flourishing of the Buddhist tradition unfortunately remain largely forgotten and neglected to this day; we aim to acquire further research and documentation, collect and treasure their images, stories and teachings; we aim to present and educate future generations on their heritage and contributions to the history and development of Buddhism.
Sponsorship Exchange: to sponsor one complete cottage at Pure Land Bhutan cost about 25.000 USA dollars/ 22.000 euro, in our project we have only ten cottages, in order to thank for the sponsors, we will invite Donners for free to Bhutan for next nine years(2022-2030) each time for two weeks, free to stay at pure Land Bhutan retreat center for retreat or rest, we offer food and other basic necessities, ( but not included air tickets and personal shopping experience ), sponsor can be done by single person, or a family or group of people, and we can invite one person each time, any form and amount of donation will be welcome, and we wish our project swiftly realized and it will become a perfect home for Sowa Rigpa and Vajrayana, in particularly a beautiful home that can bring happiness and good health for everyone
The Yuthok Nyingthig (Tib. གཡུ་ཐོག་སྙིང་ཐིག་), the ‘Heart Essence of Yuthok,' is a unique compilation of spiritual practices composed by Yuthok Yönten Gönpo the Younger, Tibet's great 12th century physician and meditation adept, considered to be an emanation of Medicine Buddha. It is a complete cycle of Vajrayana Buddhist practice, beginning with the preliminary practices (Tib. སྔོན་འགྲོ་ “ngöndro”) and progressing through the development and completion stage practices to the highest practices of Mahamudra and Dzogchen.
The tradition is characterized by its concise and simple methods perfectly suited for busy and modern people, which bring about both worldly benefits, including improved health and longevity, as well as the ultimate benefit of complete spiritual liberation. The Yuthok Nyingthig is the main spiritual practice of Sowa Rigpa physicians, and it contains many unique techniques to heighten the intuition and healing capacities of the doctor.